Permanent Position : Administrative Assistant (NOC: 1241)
Company: Dr. Reis and Associates *
Location: 104 – 7188 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5E 1G3
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Day, Weekends, Overtime;
No of Vacancies: 01
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: 35,000 – 40,000/yearly
Minimum Education: High School.
Experience: 2-3 years related work experience. Knowledge of Medical Terminology is an asset.
Languages: English – Portuguese is an asset*
- Design and type documents and formats into a professional-looking end-product. Format reports, spreadsheets, business letters, internal memos. Edit documents, correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Provide support related to accounting, HR, payroll and other office duties.
- Support HR in administrating employees’ MSP enrollment & termination, job posting, organizing anniversary events and coordinating onboarding activities.
- Review incoming mail and prioritizes for action, rerouting if necessary. Appropriately distributes mail including e-mail and informal correspondence. Tracks issues for follow-up.
- Answer incoming calls and responds to a variety of enquiries. Forwards messages as appropriate.
- Initiates travel arrangements including registering for conferences, booking travel, hotel accommodation, vehicle rentals and confirming travel arrangements.
- Establish and maintain physical filing systems and computer databases to manage correspondence, documents and information.
- Maintain the effective operation and upkeep the office equipment, including photocopier, fax machine, printers, computers, medical equipments and telephones.
- Prepare and submit daily work reports.
- Compile client data, payment and other information to support research activities.
- Supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software.
- Determine and establish office procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Capable of performing daily work assignments in a professional manner with moderate supervisory input.
Applies excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
Demonstrate excellent communication and understanding of the English and Portuguese languages in verbal and written form.
Able to work in a fast-paced environment and to maintain a calm demeanor during busy or stressful times.
Have excellent organizational skills with proven attention to detail.
Aptitude to be proactive requiring minimum direction and to anticipate and resolve issues before they escalate
Strong multitasking skills with a high degree of accuracy.
Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times and use tact and discretion when working with sensitive information.
Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word and entry data systems**
Collaborate with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness and that gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter