As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve, we want you to know that your safety is our top priority.We want you to feel confident when visiting Integra Eyecare Centre, as we continue to follow expert recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the BC Centre of Disease Control (BCCDC) to help prevent the spread of the virus.
We have developed a comprehensive plan to ensure your safety while providing routine appointments. We are operating with locked doors so that our team can control patient flow and maintain social distancing of 2 metres. We are offering masks to patients that do not come wearing one. Accompanying people must wait outside until the patient is ready to leave the clinic. Our team is very well equipped with PPE (personal protective equipment), including NIOSH N95 masks, shields, visors, gloves, hand and equipment sanitizers, Alcohol wipes, Lysol wipes and more. Our team is extremely well trained and has a comprehensive phone screening protocol prior to confirming appointments.
Our hours have changed to 9am to 6pm. We are still operating with reduced staff, and have four staff members and one doctor on site. Our clinical team is also available via Telehealth, contact us at 604-525-2042 to book.
In addition to the aforementioned measures, the following precautions have been implemented by our team:
In-Clinic Sanitary Precautions:
Hygiene and clinical protocols are at the centre of our daily operations. Under the current circumstances, we have elevated our standards further to offer additional safety.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the clinic (all entry points, front desks, treatment rooms and washrooms). Every patient is asked to use hand sanitizer upon their arrival at the clinic.
- As is customary, our team members continue to wash their hands multiple times during the day, and more importantly, in between every patient and before each treatment. Treatment beds, working surfaces and doorknobs are sanitized after every patient visit.
- Our daily cleaning services have been upgraded with extra sanitization of high-traffic common areas (doorknobs, waiting room, desks, etc).
- Shared magazines, brochures and books have been removed from the waiting room until further notice. Our beverage station is also sanitized multiple times a day.
Patient Traffic Precautions:
- We now offer flexibility to our cancellation policy in order to ensure that any patient presenting with cold or flu-like symptoms can feel comfortable rescheduling their appointments. We ask for our patients’ collaboration in proactively contacting us may they be exhibiting symptoms.
- Patients with scheduled appointments are now called prior to their visit to ensure they haven’t travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, in which case the appointment will be pushed out by a minimum of 2 weeks.
Internal Staff Precautions:
- Business travels, conferences and event attendance has been restricted for all staff members. In addition, any employee undergoing personal travels outside of Canada is requested to quarantine themselves for 14 days upon their return, as per current guidelines.
- Employees presenting common cold or flu-like symptoms are asked to stay home.
We thank you for your continued trust and are looking forward to seeing you soon.